Staging Your Home
Three things to remember:
- You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
- A review of over 2,800 properties in 8 cities found that staged homes, on average, sold in half the time that non-staged homes did.
- Most buyers make decisions about the property they see within the first 15 seconds of entering the home.
What Can Staging Do?
|Location||Cannot be changed|
|Size||Difficult to change|
|Amenities||Can be changed|
|Condition||Can be changed|
Adding cost-effective amenities and improving the general cleanliness and condition of the home is what we call “staging.”
When a seller stages their home, one of two things happens:
- The home becomes more valuable than other comparable properties in that price range.
- The home gets moved up in price and becomes the lowest priced in the next higher price bracket or category.*
*Based on the national best-seller
SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times
by Gary Keller